Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacation

I won't deny that I was a bit depressed as I boarded my return flight back to Texas 2 days ago. If it weren't for the flight capacity, and mostly the toothache that I had, I would most likely still be hanging out in Reno. I could have stayed either there or in Medford for another 2 weeks and been just fine. Looking back though, I suppose it was best that I returned home when I did. (I'm scheduled for a root canal next Tuesday after the infection goes down...oh fun.)

Obviously, I enjoyed our family vacation. We had plenty of activities to keep us busy and most definitely plenty of beauty for our eyes to adore. Some of the highlights of our trip included boating on Fish Lake (where we caught zero fish regardless of them jumping not 20 feet around the perimiter of our boat). We also spent an afternoon cruising up and down the Rogue River on the Hellgate Jetboat Excursion and Kenny and I were even able to sneak away for a date night that included watching "The Comedy Of Errors" at the Oregon Shakespear Festival.

I could blog for hours describing the sights, scents and sounds that put me on cloud nine while in Oregon and Nevada. Perhaps I will do that in the upcoming days. For now, I'll just post a few pictures.


No comments: