Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stages of fear

Seeing that this is the first time we have lived so close to a theme park, we thought it would be a decent idea to buy season passes to Six Flags as summer entertainment. The theme park is only about a 40 minute drive...and yesterday, we decided to take the boys for a day of fun.

Jason is finally tall enough to start riding some of the more extreme roller coasters. He's gone on a few that I would never have attempted at his age. However, he does so with a bit of hesitation and fear. Not that either ever stops him...he's a trooper and doesn't mind testing his limits...or mine for that matter. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to sit across from him on the Conquistador huge pendulum swing and snap a few pictures. These were posted in the order taken. And then at the end is a few more pictures from our day.



"Not that I'll need this, but rules are rules....time to strap in."

"I can handle this...piece of cake...."


As the ride swings higher and more aggressively, notice his hands come down from above his head to beside his cheeks...."just in case."


And just before the ride really starts to kick in, Jason thinks he is big man on campus.


Bravery is at its peak, the hands go up again. "No Biggie.".....until...


"Whoa...this rides getting pretty intense. Let me just hold on for a second. I'll get my hands up again...I just need to catch my grip."


"Ok....we're getting a little too high and I'm not so sure about this anymore."


What HAVE I gotten myself into?!?


OK... this is not FUN ANYMOOORE!


I'M SERIOUS!!!! STOP THIS RIDE AND LET...ME...OFF...BEFORE...I...CRAP...MYSELF!!!!!
The worst part is over you say? Ok then, I think I can handle it from here.
Hey...this isn't so bad after all.

I SURVIVED! Yeah, let's do this again....right after I change my drawers, that is.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and the captions that went along. How in the world were you able to get such good pictures on something that was moving????? These will be great black male pictures someday. The other boys seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well. Dean was very impressed to see Keegan riding the horse by himself.