Monday, April 23, 2007

Remind me again

It's been one of those days where I could go on and on about everything that is not going my way. Believe me, I've got plenty to choose from.... Our Reno house....my feelings of inadequacy as a mother and wife....the dog; oh that dog and his behavior issues....the number of hours that Kenny has worked because of the stinking house in Reno....the list goes on and on and on.

Up until about 7:00pm this evening, that was just what I had planned on doing. I was going to plop down on my size 12 backside (yes, STILL) and vent via this blog. That's what I created it for; to be transparent and real and honest and to have an outlet for my every thought.

But then the lights went down and the curtain came up....and I heard the most beautiful sounds coming out of 70 first graders.

Tonight was the First Grade Performance for Jason's school. They performed a short musical based on farm animals and a pesky rooster who was a prompt and very consistent cock-a-doo-da-doodler.

Jason was a sheep.

And just like that, the worries of my day faded away. For 30 minutes, my precious son had my utmost attention and I drank in every second.

Kenny leans over and whispers in my ear, "Welcome to the next phase of our parenting life."

Next thing I know, I'm reminiscing over the last 6 years of my life and my heart swells with love.

Suddenly, the worries of my day don't seem so bad. My batteries are recharged and I feel as if I can make it through another day or thousand.

I'm so glad God blessed us with children. They have a way of bringing everything into perspective and teaching us what the truly important things in life are all about.

Tonight, I go to sleep knowing that even in the midst of chaos and disorder, I am still blessed beyond measure.

No comments: